Are you an experienced Infrastructure Engineer looking to make waves in the IoT industry?
Then join us at Onomondo!
Onomondo is a series A scale-up (21 million EUR) that provides a cloud-native connectivity platform for the Internet of Things (IoT) industry. Our mission is to simplify and accelerate IoT adoption by providing businesses with the tools and services to connect and manage their IoT devices securely and at scale.
We are a scale-up company with a tried and tested product that has won some of the most prestigious companies in the world as customers, including Maersk, Carlsberg, Bosch and Donkey Republic.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join our infrastructure team. As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will play a critical role in maintaining, upgrading and designing our cloud and cloud-native network infrastructure to ensure efficient and effective operation.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Helping to tame the beast of transforming telecom infrastructure to cloud native.
- Design, deploy, configure, and maintain our cloud infrastructure, including servers, networking, and security.
- Ensure that all infrastructure is configured to meet our operational requirements and industry best practices.
- Monitor and maintain the health of the infrastructure, including performance, capacity, and security, using appropriate tools.
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure and network issues, working closely with other teams as necessary.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to other team members.
- Participate in (compensated) on-call rotations to ensure prompt response to system incidents and outages.
- Participate in the planning and execution of infrastructure projects, including upgrades and new deployments.
- Ensure compliance with security policies and industry standards.
- Develop and maintain documentation for all infrastructure systems and processes.
- 3+ years of experience as an Infrastructure Engineer or similar role.
- Strong understanding of core network protocols (IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP, DNS)
- Deep understanding of network routing and routing protocols, such as BGP, anycast routing and OSPF
- Advanced knowledge of networking in Linux (namespaces, policy routing, nftables+iptables, eBPF)
- Ability to tweak Linux kernel parameters to optimize network performance
- Proficiency in Node.js, bash, and/or Go for scripting and automation
- Proficient with Linux server administration
- Proficient in Ansible and Terraform for automation
- Knowledge of cloud providers, particularly AWS
- Experience with security technologies such as firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and VPNs.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of telecom protocols (SCTP, GTP-C/U, DIAMETER, SS7/SIGTRAN)
- Experience with advanced networking in Kubernetes or other container orchestration technologies
- Knowledge of telecom components and their implementation (MME, HSS, DRA, SGW, PGW, etc.)
If you meet the requirements above and are passionate about cloud network infrastructure, we would love to hear from you. Please apply with your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position.
What's In It For You?
- You can create a career for yourself like few others.
- Warrants are part of your package!
- Our HQ is a 2000 sqm office in Islands Brygge.
- Fully catered lunch, snack bar and drinks.
- We have our own cross-fit class Mondays and Thursdays in our own in-house gym that are free and happen during working hours.
- Join a collaborative environment where your ideas are not just heard but celebrated.
- We have several office dogs, a Soundboks, ping pong table, indoor frisbee golf - and all the mandatory scale-up stuff.
- Most importantly, we have a lovely bunch of colleagues who just love to spend time together working, relaxing, gaming, working out, partying and The list just keeps expanding!
So come on. What are you waiting for?
HERE’S HOW THE PROCESS PLAYS OUT
- Apply here
- Screening interview, 15min
- Technical interview, 45min
- Meet the team, 45min (Face to face)
- Cultural interview with the full management team, 1hour. (Face to face)
NOTE: We expect the right fit to be based in our HQ in Copenhagen. Therefore, a fully remote contract will not be an option for this post.